Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spiced Pecans and Cashews

I never thought I would use my dehydrator as much as I have since I purchased it. But I honestly use it weekly, if not daily. It's perfect for kale chips, crackers, and all sorts of other fun things, and it's much more useful than I ever dreamed.

These are by far some of my most favorite spiced nuts. I made them the other night when I had my best friend Lina over, and she raved about them. They have a perfect combination of spicy and sweet - both of which add up to a very tasty combination.

Although this recipe is written for the dehydrator, this can easily be made and thrown in a low heat oven until dry. This recipe comes from Raw for the Holidays, a great resource for special raw vegan recipes.

Spiced Pecans and Cashews

Spiced Pecans and Cashews
1 cup raw pecans (or roasted/unsalted)
1 cup raw cashews (or roasted/unsalted)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
freshly cracked pepper to taste
2 tsp coconut aminos (or tamari or soy cause)
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp agave nectar (or honey or maple syrup)

Combine nuts in a bowl. Combine cinnamon through pepper in a small bowl. Add aminos, rosemary, olive oil, and agave to nuts and toss well. Add spice mixture and toss well to combine. Spread out on dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 105 degrees for 24 hours, or until dry and crisp.

In the need of more spiced nuts recipes?? Check these out!
Indian Spiced Nuts
Green Tea Wasabi Almonds
Lemon Pepper Cashews

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Very tasty snack! I put a bowl out the other night for guests and they were gone in minutes!