Friday, July 17, 2009

Baked Corn on the Cob

This baked corn on the cob recipe is tasty. I must admit when I first read the ingredients of the original recipe, I was very hesitant. Yet, it was interesting enough that I thought I'd give it a try.

Wow - what a delicious combination. The flavors mellow out to create a well-balanced sauce. Now, if you're idea of the perfect ear of corn have nothing to do with plenty of butter and salt, then look away. But if that is exactly what you look forward to when someone says "Fresh Corn," then you're in the right place. Since my new apartment is grill-less at the moment, I tried the baked method, which was super easy and super tasty.

The recipe is originally from What's Cooking America, but I am reposting my variation here for my readers.

Baked Corn on the Cob

Baked Corn on the Cob
Recipe courtesy of What's Cooking America

1 tbsp prepared mustard
2 tsp horseradish
3/4 tsp salt
freshly cracked pepper to taste
1/2 c butter, room temperature
6 ears of corn, husks removed

Combine all ingredients, except for corn, in small bowl. Spread onto ears of corn, and wrap individually in foil. Corn can be grilled until hot, or placed in a preheated 375 degree oven and baked for 25 minutes.

2 comments:

Daniela Restrepo said...

Mazorca deliciosa gracias

A classic!

Amy said...

That is the best looking corn I have ever seen!