Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hey Look - Shiny Things!!

Okay, okay, I don't have anythiny shiny. I wanted to find something to distract you from the fact I haven't updated 28 Cooks in well over a week. But I've got nothing except the promise that we'll return to our regularly-scheduled content next week.

My fall semester seems to be in full swing and the days I set aside for cooking have been filled up quickly with other things. And this weekend is the yearly "Celebrate Life" weekend which takes myself and my closest friends to Cleveland. Long story short - 3 years ago, my very best friend, Lina, had emergent, serious, and very complicated open heart surgery that almost left us without her presence. Every year since, we've taken a trip back out to Cleveland to celebrate life and remember those things that we're extremely grateful for, including her life.

So I bid you a good rest of the week and look forward to being back in the 28 Cooks saddle next week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Did you ever see that Will and Grace episode where Jack distracts Caryn with a shiny object? This post reminded me of that.

Anonymous said...

hehee... u sure caught my attention. Have a good break! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey I really like your blog, I am out today trying to expand the
Food community that is growing on Criteo. Would you like
to try Criteo AutoRoll? I think it will be beneficial to showing you
other Food blogs where you can develop relationships.
http://criteo.com

Rachael said...

lol, hillary, I have seen that episode. Very funny blog title!

My goodness, what a meaningful tradition to have, and there's not much else I can say other than that, as I've not had such potential tragedy enter my life yet. Enjoy your "Celebrate Life" weekend!!

Heidrun Peters said...

Hello 28Cooks, I always enjoy reading your blog and would like to see it participating in the Blog Action Day! There are not many food blogs there, yet, which I regret!
Have you registered??? 2 days to go! You can still participate - it's not too late! Join the 11,320 blogs that have already registered worldwide.
Are you participating? Send me a message - I will post a link to your blog in one of my blogs! Register here: http://blogactionday.org/the_environment

Want to see who else is participating? Meet some women bloggers? To encourage you to join, also. See how special they are! Enjoy the diversity - I have certainly enjoyed visiting them!
http://rosewoman.blogspot.com/