Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Roasted Garlic & Pesto Hummus

I don't need to explain how I feel about hummus again, do I? Well, this is just another one to add to the Hall of Fame.

I love roasted garlic, and I especially love pesto. Combined together, they are fantastic, and in hummus, provide a unique yet tasty flavor.

(If you don't know how to make roasted garlic, it's simple. Take a head or two of garlic, slice off the top papery part until you hit the cloves, place in a baking dish, pour about 1-2 tbsp of olive oil over it, perhaps season it with pepper and salt, and throw it in a 375 degree oven. I like to continuously baste the garlic with the oil until the cloves are nice and soft, about 30 minutes. Cool, and then sqeeze out each garlic clove.)

Roasted Garlic Pesto Hummus

Roasted Garlic & Pesto Hummus
1 large head garlic, roasted
1 (30 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp pesto (either jarred or homemade)
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

Squeeze out cloves of garlic food processor, along with remaining ingredients. Process until smooth. (As a note, I generally prefer my hummus to be fairly dry, and the oil from the garlic and pesto were enough for mine. Feel free to add some additional olive oil if desired.) Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or two before serving.

9 comments:

Special Sauce said...

Looks fab! I also recommend roasted garlic and roasted pepper hummus. (Is there anything roasted garlic can't improve?)

Anonymous said...

You are the hummus queen! I can't wait to see what combo you come up with next - have you done curried hummus yet? That's really good!

Anonymous said...

Wow, with such ingredients, how could it not be good.And it's pretty simple to do! Hooray for roasted garlic.

Anonymous said...

I want some of this sooooooo bad. I may even make it for myself this time.

Anonymous said...

i love hummus too but have never tried more than one variety! lol. Your list is just heavenly. I have so much to learn.

Thanks for sharing your recipes.

Btw, love the presentation! The photo's just perfect.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Wie khan man rosacea heilen Western wedding invitations from the modern bride magazine Side effects from quitting smoking Silicone breast implants new orleans

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

Lulu said...

this recipe sounds amazing! Pesto + Roasted Garlic = love <3